Thursday, October 7, 2010

What I Love: My Nook


You know how some women hoard shoes? They have so many pairs that they'll never have a chance to wear them all. Well, I'm the geek version of those women: I hoard books.

I have so many books in my house, they fill up bookshelves, are stashed under my bed, fill up space on the floor. I have classics, contemporary, "literary," comedy ... you name it. I like my books.

So it was with a mix of trepidation and intrigue that I bought myself a nook this summer from Barnes and Noble. And the verdict? I LOVE IT.

What's not to love? I can download a book at the touch of a button and carry my library with me wherever I go. And if I get nostalgic for a regular old book, I have a bazillion of them at home stuffed under my bed. I was worried when I bought my nook that I would have a "trigger finger" and download too many books at a time (much like I bought too many paper books at a time), but so far, I've restrained myself. Maybe because I know the next book is only a click away.

My latest reads: War by Sebastian Junger and The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich. Contemplating what to read next. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment